Google
 

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

This is how I do shit!


Fellow friends often asked me what equipment I use, do you have a special lightings, profoto, elinchrome, bla bla... For most of the time i just admit it and say yes and enjoy their look in their face when i brought out my gear.... My cheap gear. Yes, I'm cheap. I don't like (read: afford) buying the real high quality, no fuss, no risk strobes or lightings. All i have in my bag is 2 manual 1pin flashgun, 2 China made radio remote and few DIY light modifier. As you can see at the pictures above, the thing i held above is my trusty salad bowl beauty dish. There's one more light out of frame I am using straw grid to give a rounded highlight for the background. It was a shoot for a catalogue of an exhibition of a woman artists.

Sometimes I do get sarcasm here and there, but what's life without it? It's fuckin rock n' roll! But what's next in my cheap agenda is to upgrade my salad bowl into a more neater, more professional look beauty dish. Beware!!

Besides the salad bowl and the straw grid, I also have the essential softbox for a smooth lighting that comes with a pvc pipe lightstand. All DIY. But recently I have upgrade the lightstand with a halogen lamp stand. Not bad at all.

Anyway, this is how i do shit. But what's with the cheap talk without the result right ~(_8?รพ)


No comments: