Google
 

Monday, May 25, 2009

Shooting Rockers

So, last Thursday a friend of mine told me that there's a band from the late 80's are going to perform in a small venue in Kg. Pandan. Not knowing what band will perform that night, I went on hoping that there will be familiar head to shoot. The show starts at 10pm, but we (forcing a friend to come along) got there quite early to fill up with dinner. There's a stage at the venue for their usual dangdut karaoke session, but the only 'kutu' with long hair was us. Tried to call the person that informed this, I got no answer.

Something's not right, there....

Then I remembered that he went with the guys from Sayap2 Wings and gave one of them a call. Luckily, the real venue is only beside the dangdut. Problem solved.

Rockers
(Photo taken from muzikrock.com)

Only then I knew that the band that are going to perform is 'Rockers', a late 80's band that I'm not really familiar with. I tried my best not to look like a fool when I approach them, but coolness is not what usually happen to me. First, I talked about guitar with the vocalist Johan(Joe). But thankfully he's a really really nice soft spoken guy, that tries to explain that he haven't 'sang' for nearly 20 years.... ouch*......before i kidnapped him somewhere for a cool background. Second, to make it fast & comfortable for him, I rushed and dropped my light twice before i even shoot! China made product can be really solid sometimes. He then end up calm me down.... But the shoot must go on.


Video by Zul
*Note that hair... that's a lot of years

Joe(middle) with me and Kirin(informer/lightstand)

During the break of their performance, I then approached Jumat (another vocal) also plays guitar that night and guess what? He's a nice guy too. But this time the background is the dark night so I decided to put a backlight to separate him from the darkness. Turned out just ok for me. But I missed to shoot one more member of Rockers that came that night, Rashid(guitar). Will track him down later.

Rashid

Jumat & Rashid

1 comment:

wastingmyhate said...

Best speed metal melayu ever!